Thursday 23 June 2011

117 - Face book and Walkies

Sunrise over Queensland's Sunshine Coast from Mapleton

Well, we are still at Mapleton Cabins and Caravan Park, and possibly here till end August, mid September possibly, as the "hot prospects" to purchase the property, have gone a bit cold. So its a waiting game now.

Bit of useless information here, I have had to get into a health regime, quite simply cause I'm a bit of a couch potato.

Being in this industry, there are no positives at all, and all negatives as far as food and grog is concerned. Yeah, yeah, yeah, heard it all before. So a month or so ago, had all the boyz things that need to be checked every year....by the local GP, especially when one, is nearly an old age pensioner ....however you don't want to know the results.


So with a very stern talking to, it is either shape up or the end of the Retro Roamers, could be near....Feeeeeeeerk, now that's a bit scary.

Shape up or ship out!!!!!!!!!!!  Enough said.

I won't bore you with details on the health regime, especially the food side, but I have taken up walking again. I tell you what, getting out of bed at 6am here on the mountain, freez'n cold, is just so hard...but we will win, against this coach potato.

Well I guess I can boast a bit, about 7kg off the wearily old frame here. 10 to go.

Anyway took some pikkies today, with my U beaut camera, to show you a little more of the area.

O'h while I think of it, I have sort of mastered Face Book, with a lot of help from Gavin Murray from Hobo Home. Thanks mate for your patience and understanding.

Any way if you want to become "my friend" just get into face Book and search for Paul Greenfield that's if you are a member of course. There are quite a few that come up, but the ones without the picture are my original attempts to join Face Book.  So the one with the pikkie of me and the bride is the real me.


The sun getting higher in the sky

Not into trees, flowers or plants, but the sun brought the colours out here


Going down

Good old Queensland roads

A road sign

The trendy little cafe set at Mapleton


The Mapleton Tavern

Mapleton Lilly Ponds

This is where we live

Till next time keep, however keep up with meeeeeeee on Face Book.

Cheers & beers

2 comments:

Red Nomad OZ said...

Facebook, huh? I've only got Twitter - can you make friends on Facebook with a Twitter account?? I'm only asking because you've got a F-book mate, and I don't!!

Congrats on losing the weight - maybe you could start a new blog with diet tips??!!

Have a good weekend!

The Retro Roamers said...

Hi there Red Nomad Oz

Gotta move on with technology.

Good idea might start a cooking segment. (he he!!!)

Cheers & beers