Thursday 16 June 2011

116 - R.I.P.

Yes folks RIP and wait for it,  my Kodak 2.8 megapixels camera, has been buried, along with its broken case, water logged screen, coloured gaffa tape, and torn carry bag.

Back in 2000 when ditigal photography was taking hold, I did a u beaut deal of this fandangle Kodak digital number with a whopping 2.8 meg...... for the discounted price of a grand.....feeeeerk!!! Man it was the ants pants. Top of the range......never get a better price, dough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forward 11 years and she has done a bucket load of work. Been every where man, dropped on footpaths, and in creeks, the bride hit me on the head a couple of times, been lost and sandblasted, used and abused.

But on Thursday 17th June, Kimmy Kodak was banished to the skip bin.....R.I.P.

Now see what we have got...........a brand new 12.5 meg, does everything, size of a paket of fags, for $89 bucks...Ferrrrk again!

And to go one better I also bought a Tom Tom, so an old codger like me can find places. Good deal for $286.00. All I have to do now is learn how to work the thing.

Yep boys and girls, howzat for some pretty useless information.

Had to let you all know that they didn't bury me along with then camera. I'm still here.

Stay toooooooned!!!!!


I gotta have one of these flags

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Guys,
I had to have a look at this post the title scared me!!!!!!
Glad in was only the camera. :)
Hope you get as many years out of this one. We brought a Tom Tom to help us get around USA it is brilliant.
Cheers
Dave and shell

Anonymous said...

At $89 it is also not much dearer than a packet of fags. When I read the title I though Uh Oh the Val has been put down.LOL
Still at Bucasia but moving to Finch Hatton next Monday.
I had a similar camera experience in 2000. Bought a Panasonic FZ7 for $1,300 at Duty Free. It had the latest and greatest. Three years ago I bought a FZ50 for $700 with 100 times the features and 12Mp and 10 X zoom.
Sigh.