Tuesday 16 February 2010

53 - Cowra / Japanese Gardens

We left Canberra as it was time to start making our way to Dubbo for our gig. Our trip was very uneventful, not like the Cowra - Wellington leg, more on that next post.

We arrived in Cowra from the south, and again haven't been there, I don't thing in my life time. Our first point of call was the tourist information centre, and like most towns, this is the place to go when you want to find out, what's going on around the joint.

Apart from getting the guff on the best park to stay at, we were ushered into a little theatre in the complex, to watch this unbelievable show all about the Japanese breakout during WW2, that has made Cowra very famous for. The presentation was just unbelievable, and the concept was based on a polygram set up, which I have never seen before. Again me being the greatest pain in the arse with organised activities, I was spell bound, even my claustrophobia didn't even get me. If you are in Cowra, just gotta see this one.

After the show we booked into the Cowra Caravan Park, which was just a hop from the main city centre. The park was really neat and tidy, and we were parked away from all the others, not that there was many others anyway, as per my request.

The first afternoon we just enjoyed a bit of R & R, and visited the town. What a nice country town, but of course our bee line the following day was to visit the Japanese Gardens and Wyangala Lake and dam.

I have made it fairly clear about my reluctance to visit touristy spots. Unless it is a deserted beach, don't wanna play any where else......but in saying that, the Japanese Gardens are a must see.

Once again I will let the following photos do their thing, firstly at the Japanese Gardens, Wanangala dam Woodstock (hey man peace)

The bride ringing the bell for lunch

Feel like joining me in the Japanes bath Pauly Poo

Rolling Hedges

Japanese Carp....where's the fishing line

The lakes are just sensational. The bride scrubs up pretty good too

I come up pretty good too

From the top of the gardens looking down

More water falls

A tranquil lake

More lakes and conference centre

Bonzai trees

Aaaaa'h what a good looking pair of trailer trash

From here we made our way to the actual site of the camp, where the breakout took place.

No comments: