Tuesday 14 February 2012

139- On The Road Again

This will be a short post and no photos, as we are finally packing up from our house sit on the Goldie.

So on Wednesday 15th February 2012 we will leave our fantastic house sit around mid morning and do a shake down cruise to Byron  Bay. We will have about three nights there, just to get used to the van and see what doesn't work.

From there we will slowly head down the northern NSW coast, just enjoying some sights we have not visited before. Forseeable destination is Coffs Harbour as the bride wants to see her sister and family and also my brother is also there and will catch up with him.

How long it takes us to get there is anybodys guess, and where we go from there at this stage is to Sydney to see my elderst son, his wife and the grandies, plus catch up with a couple of mates still locked into the big city. The bride also has two brothers she wants to see as well.

Depending on weather we will head to the south coast of NSW, again to see a couple of mates. Not making any plans after that at this stage. The only concret plan is to be in Darwin at one of our retreats end of May or there abouts.

Little bit of news however, the lovely people from Caravan and Motor Home magazine want to do some stories about me and the bride, our rig, our working life style in our past life style. Hey that's pretty cool.

Until next time stay toooooned.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

I got the same enquiry from Caravan and Motorhome magazine. I suspect just about every travel blog got one too.

Unknown said...

Hi Guys,

Not to burst your bubble but we too got the same email from C & M!

Anyway glad to hear you are off :)
Travel safe & keep us informed as to where you are.

Cheers,
Dave & Shell

Anonymous said...

Me too!
Boo Hoo. My bubble is burst also.
I just spent an hour trawling through photos for C&M. The way I read their letter is they are interested in photos of happy travellers with their rigs beside a freedom campsite.
Still, if they agree to provide photographic credit as well as give our blogs a plug then we might get some increase in our readers.
Pity I have not got ads on my blog.
Actually I would not mind writing travel articles for the magazine.
Hmmm!
Travel safe and will talk with you later.
Cheers also to Stephen n Robyn and Dave n Shell
Frank

The Retro Roamers said...

Awwwwwwwwww shucks.

Here I am thinking I was special (he he!!!)

A'h well I won't be famous after all.

CYA