Thursday 16 December 2010

90 - It's Good News Week.

"Its Good News Week".  Who remembers the song out of the 60's by Hedgehoppers Anonymous. It was a protest song that focused on the medias obsession with making the most out of contrarily bad news, and had tones of the anti war movement in the Vietnam era. Showing my age now!!!!!!!

If I remember, this is how one of the verses went.

"Its good news week; someone dropped a bomb somewhere, contaminating atmosphere, and blackening the skies".

Hey how is that for a jaded memory. See somethings just stick in your mind.

Well I am going to use this as the positive!!

Guess what, all tucked up at the motel is the RetroLiner and the Val.....................Yahoo.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the Val back this morning, after a false start on Wednesday. Won't bore ya with details about all the work that was done, however, we basically have a reconditioned car, and its going like I have never seen or felt it before.

I tell you what, if you are ever in Mackay, and you need mechanical work done, just pop into Torrissis Garage, McAlsiter street Mackay. I assure you, that any repairs will be handled extremely professionally, with compassion. This posting also gives me the opportunity to thank Ross Torrissi and his team for their patience and care with  the Val. The bride and I can't thank you enough!

Now the RetroLiner!

Went out to the repair man at Mirani, which is around 25kms from the motel, around 10.30am this morning and there she was. All ready to "rock and  Roll"  Apart from the grime and soil, due to not being for washed for near on six months now, she was just biting at the bit the get going.  Again I won't bore ya with details, but we have the RetroLiner ready to venture forth on our next leg commencing February.

The repair man also did a fantastic job, and will also highly recommend their services as well. Incidental both came in cost wise, just below what I anticipated for repair work on both chariots. It's good news week.

The difference in the behaviour of the Val, was just outstanding, with the RetroLiner on the back. Once up to cruising speed, I hardly knew it was there. Kept on looking in the mirror to make sure she was still on the back. Just touching the throttle, and cruising about 90ks, what a dream. Now that is what I expected of the Val two year ago, with a no thanks to the original repairer........You "Wally"

We are really quietening down here at the motel, as most of the corporate trade has ceased for the year, and take their annual holidays. It will give us a chance to recharge our own batteries and catch our breath, however we still have to be here 24/7. No big deal, I will be able to do boys things on the chariots that I have been wanting to do for ages.

Probably won't be posting in the next week, so to all that follow us, may we take the opportunity to wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Cheeres and beers

Us.

No comments: